Chief Operating Officer
- work experience
- Personal profile
• US international tax
• China-Hong Kong cross-border tax
• M&A tax structuring and due diligence
• Fund formation
• CRS and FATCA
• Estate, gift and trust planning
• A Big 4 firm's International Tax Group in San Francisco
• Deloitte US Washington National Office (International)
• Deloitte China (Hong Kong and Mainland China)
• LL.M (Master of Laws), University of California at Berkeley (Dean's List)
• MBA (Finance and Economics) (Hons), University of Chicago
• MA/BA (Law) (Hons), University of Cambridge
• MPA (Tax) and BBA (Accounting) (Hons), University of Texas at Austin
Professional Membership and Awards
• Member of AICPA
• Member of HKICPA
• Top 10 CPA exam scorer in the State of Texas
• Named by International Tax Review as a Leading Individual in Tax
Patrick Yip is an International Tax Partner at Deloitte China. He specializes in US international taxation, China-Hong Kong cross-border taxation and M&A transactions. His clients include some of the largest private equity funds, sovereign funds and multinational companies in China and the US. He also advises high-net worth individuals on multi-jurisdictional trust and estate planning. In addition, he is a specialist in FATCA and CRS.
Patrick previously worked in San Francisco (in another Big 4 firm’s International Tax Group) and at Deloitte US’ Washington National Tax Office (International). He regularly speaks at seminars and conferences and is widely published and frequently interviewed by the press. He has been involved in tax policy discussions with both the Hong Kong and Chinese tax authorities. He is fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with an MPA Degree in Taxation (Highest Honors) and a BBA Degree in Accounting (High Honors). He completed the Senior Executive Program for China at Harvard Business School. He also has an MBA degree (Hons) from the University of Chicago and a law degree (Hons) from the University of Cambridge.
He is a member of the AICPA and HKICPA. He won an award in the State of Texas for his CPA exam results. He was named by International Tax Review as a Leading Individual in Tax.