- work experience
- Personal profile
• Diploma in International Trust Management (Distinction), Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
• Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong
• Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons), University of Hong Kong
Admitted to practise law in
• Hong Kong SAR (Soliciator)
• England and Wales (non-practising Solicitor)
• Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Winnie Chiu has extensive experience in Succession Planning, Will, Trust and Probate related matters. She also handles disputes between beneficiaries; beneficiaries and the executor/administrator/trustee.
Winnie is a frequent speaker at seminars in Hong Kong, PRC and overseas in relation to succession planning for trust companies, bankers, investment advisors, accountants, lawyers and high net worth individuals.
Winnie also has solid experience in handling contentious and non-contentious employment matters as well as anti-discriminations, sexual harassment and personal data privacy related issues arising from recruitment, merger & acquisition, restructuring and/or post-termination restrictive covenants. She regularly conducts seminars and training sessions for HR directors, professionals and international companies.
Prior to joining Yang Chan & Jamison, Winnie had acted as a partner of various leading law firms, and she had also worked as an in-house lawyer for an international trust company in Hong Kong.