- work experience
- Personal profile
• Recipient of the “Outstanding Professional Achievement Award”, New Jersey China American Chamber of Commerce
• Foreign expert in the Corporate/M&A category, ranked by Chambers and Partners Global Guide
Memberships and Pro Bono Services
• Chair, Tax Committee, American Chamber of Commerce in HK
• Member of Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Chairperson of the Audit Committee (appointed by the Governor of New Jersey) (2005-2014), New Jersey Cultural Trust
• Recipient of “Outstanding Professional Achievement Award”, New Jersey China American Chamber of Commerce
• Chair (2007 to 2009), International Tax Committee of New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Member, American Bar Association
• Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
• Member, International Fiscal Association
• Executive Committee (Member), International Fiscal Association (HK branch)
• Speaker, "China – Individual Income Tax Reform Impact on Trust Structures", Jamison & Co (Deloitte Legal), Hong Kong (28 June 2019)
• Speaker, "Improving Financial Industry Culture in Hong Kong", Zhong Lun Law Firm, Hong Kong (12 February 2019)
• Speaker, "U.S. Tax Planning & Tax Compliance" (a client seminar), Zhong Lun Law Firm, Beijing (28 November 2018)
• Speaker, "Hong Kong Taxation – Update", Zhong Lun Law Firm, Hong Kong (13 November 2018)
• Speaker, "Cross Border Structuring – in light of U.S. and Global Tax Law Change – China Tax Developments", New York State Bar International Law Section – Global Law Week 2018, New York City (11 June, 2018)
• Speaker, "China Transfer Pricing Developments – "Local Marketing Intangibles", 8th International Tax Retreat, Lake Como, Italy (12 May 2018)
• Speaker, "U.S. Tax Developments – President Trump’s Tax Proposals" He is also an appointed - attesting officer by the Chinese Department of Justice.
Peter Guang Chen is both a certified public accountant and an attorney with more than 20 years of experience in tax advisory and planning. He has advised China, Hong Kong and US and other multinational corporations and high net worth individuals on their inbound and outbound transactions, China and international tax issues, investment structuring, regulatory, and business issues; mergers , acquisitions; and the reorganizations of multinationals in China and the Asia Pacific region; structuring of trusts, foundations, estate planning and asset preservation for individuals. He has represented companies and individuals to resolve tax disputes with tax authorities in China and the US.
Recently, Peter has been engaged by the Ministry of Finance of a South Asian nation to draft the country’s tax regulations and to provide consulting on international tax matters.
Previously, Peter was a with a major economic consulting firm and also was a tax partner at a Big 4 accounting firm, where he was responsible for the China Desk in New York, and served as China leader at the firm’s International Centre of Excellence.