- work experience
- Personal profile
• Hong Kong SAR (Solicitor)
• British Columbia, Canada (Barrister and solicitor)
• Bachelor of Commerce, University of British Columbia, Canada
• Juris Doctor, Juris Doctor
Past speaking engagements:
• The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
• The Business sub-section of the Canadian Bar Association
• The Vancouver Board of Trade
• The Hong Kong-Canada Business Association
• The Conference Board of Canada
• The Lions Club (HK East Island Chapter)
• The Milken Institute (Global Conference, Los Angeles)
• The Milken Institute
• The China Israel Business Forum (Tel-Aviv)
• The Hong Kong Society of Accountants
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS Appointments:
• Governor, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong
• Past president and founder, Hong Kong-Canada Business Association, Vancouver, Canada
• President/director, The Hong Kong Foundation of UBC Limited, Hong Kong
• Council Member, Council of Advisors to the Dean of Law, the University of British Columbia, Canada
• Vice-Chairman Mongolia Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
• Council Member, Haw Par Music Foundation
• Past member, Major Sports Events Committee of the Home Affairs Bureau, Hong Kong SAR
• Past director, Canadian International School of Hong Kong
Victor Yang has many years of legal experience focused on corporate and commercial, mergers and acquisitions, securities and public listings and private wealth areas. He has acted for clients in many large cross border M&A transactions in the hospitality, media, property, food and restaurant businesses and assisted Initial Public listings of business in the shipping, container manufacturing, logistics, hotels and telecommunication industries.
Prior to joining Yang Chan & Jamison, Victor was the Managing Partner of a leading law firm in Hong Kong and a Director Emeritus of TerraLex, a global network of independent law Firms. Victor was a founding Partner of the Canadian law firm Boughton Peterson Yang Anderson, the first Canadian law firm approved by the China Ministry of Justice in 1992 to be licensed as a foreign law firm in China, and was the Chief Representative of the firm's representative office in Shanghai.
Victor is a governor of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, the Vice-Chairman and Founder of the Mongolian Chamber of Commerce and a member of the University of British Columbia, Dean of Law's Council of Advisors.
Victor had served as a director on over 13 companies listed publically on stock exchanges in the United States of America, Singapore and Hong Kong.