- work experience
- Personal profile
Admitted to practise law in:
• Hong Kong SAR (Solicitor)
• Attorney, Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China
• Holder of the Specialist Certificate (Corporate Finance), Hong Kong Securities Institute
• Holder of the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT), Chartered Institute of Taxation (U.K.)
• Holder of the Certificate in Principles of International Taxation, Chartered Institute of Taxation (U.K.)
• Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Hong Kong
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws), University of Hong Kong
• Moderator, "Are You Ready for the New Era Under the Foreign Investment Law?", Qinli Legal and Yang Chan & Jamison
• Speaker, “Legal and Regulatory Issues on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offering (ICO)”, Courses and Seminars
• Speaker, “Issues in Dealing with Cryptocurrencies”, TerraLex Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting 2018
Danny Lau is the common partner of Yang, Chan & Jamison and Shanghai Qin Li Law Firm, which are respectively the Hong Kong and China member firms of the Deloitte Legal global network. Danny is one of very few Hong Kong lawyers who passed the PRC bar exam in his first attempt and became dually qualified to practice laws in both Hong Kong and the mainland China.
Danny has years of legal experience advising on cross border M&A and general corporate commercial matters. He has advised more than corporate clients on hundreds of cross border transactions over the past decade which include Fortune 500 companies, tier one global investment banks, blue chips listed in Hong Kong and mega-sized PRC state-owned enterprises.
Danny also has extensive experience in M&A and compliance matters in the private healthcare sector in Hong Kong, including the licensing and compliance obligations under the local regulatory regime and the acquisition or disposal of healthcare facilities in Hong Kong and China.
Prior to joining Yang, Chan & Jamison, Danny was a partner in a leading award-winning law firm in Hong Kong.