- work experience
- Personal profile
Danny has many years of legal experience advising on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general corporate commercial matters. He also advises on regulatory and compliance issues relating to listed companies, investment advisers, banks and trustees under the Hong Kong securities laws, including the Listing Rules and the Takeovers Code. Danny has a particular focus on healthcare-related acquisitions and compliance matters given his past experience in co-founding and managing a regional dental practice in Hong Kong.
Danny has advised corporate clients on more than hundreds of cross-border transactions over the past decade which include Fortune 500 companies, tier one global investment banks, blue chips listed in Hong Kong and mega-sized PRC state-owned enterprises.
Danny is one of very few Hong Kong lawyers who passed the PRC bar exam in his first attempt and became dually qualified to practice laws in both Hong Kong and the mainland China. Prior to joining Chan & Jamison LLP, Danny was a corporate partner in a leading award-winning law firm in Hong Kong.
- Solicitor of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Attorney, Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China
- Holder of the Specialist Certificate (Corporate Finance), Hong Kong Securities Institute
- Holder of the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT), Chartered Institute of Taxation (U.K.)
- Holder of the Certificate in Principles of International Taxation, Chartered Institute of Taxation (U.K.)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws), The University of Hong Kong
- Early Admission Scheme, The University of Hong Kong
- Moderator, "Are You Ready for the New Era Under the Foreign Investment Law?", Qinli Legal and Yang Chan & Jamison
- Speaker, “Legal and Regulatory Issues on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offering (ICO)”, Courses and Seminars
- Speaker, “Issues in Dealing with Cryptocurrencies”, TerraLex Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting 2018