Eliza C. H. Chan JP GBS LL.D. (Hon)
Founder and Senior Consultant
- work experience
- Personal profile
Dr. Eliza C. H. Chan is a solicitor qualified to practise law in Hong Kong, England and Wales and Canada (B.C.), and a China-appointed Attesting Officer. Dr. Chan had previously been Asia Managing Partner of an international law firm and Senior Partner of a Hong Kong law firm. She has more than 30 years' experience in structuring strategic acquisitions and investment transactions, including cross-border mergers & acquisitions, private equity and trusts, as well as bringing companies to initial public offerings and other forms of capital raising. She has extensive experience in China-related commercial transactions and resolution of disputes arising from investments or business activities in mainland China.
She was a member of the Selection Committee for the selection of the First Chief Executive of Hong Kong SAR, and a member of the Election Committee for the selections of the Chief Executive of Hong Kong SAR and the Hong Kong SAR delegates to the National People’s Congress (NPC).
Dr. Chan has held a number of Hong Kong Government appointments, notably as a member of the Board of Hospital Authority, member of Board of Education, member of Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority, member of Hong Kong Public Service Commission, Chairman of Kowloon Hospital, Chairman of Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Chairman of Tseng Kwan O Hospital, Chairman of Public Complaints Committee and Ethnics Committee under Hospital Authority, member of Hospital Governing Committee of Queen Elizabeth Hospital, member of Hong Kong Medical Council, Chairman of Pensions Appeal Panel, member of Administrative Appeals Board, Investigation Panel Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and an adjudicator of Hong Kong Immigration Tribunal. She has also served as a Council Member of The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and member of the Board of Directors of the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park Corporation.
Dr. Chan has been conferred Justice of the Peace (JP) and Gold Bauhinia Star (GBS) awards by the Hong Kong SAR Government, Honorary Doctor of Law degree (LL.D (Hon)) from University of Victoria, Canada; and “Top 100 Outstanding Women Entrepreneur” award by China Women's Association.
- Member of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) as well as a Standing Member of the CPPCC Tianjin Committee;
- Honorary Chairman and Former Chairman of the Hong Kong CPPCC (Provincial) Members Association;
- Legal Advisor to Tianjin Government's Foreign Economic Affairs;
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Commission (CIETAC);
- Legal Advisor to Hong Kong Chinese Enterprises Association;
- Visiting Professor of Beihang University School of Law;
- Former Chairman and President of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong; and
- Honorary President of The Hong Kong China Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong Sichuan General Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Hong Kong Jiangsi Association, etc.